Training and Development
We provide a range of inclusiveness education, training and development services for individuals, teams and organizations. Our content, materials and methodology are continuously updated and customized to be effective and relevant across individual, group, national and organizational cultures. Our education programs have been designed, facilitated and replicated across organizations around the world.
Contact us for more information or for a quote.
Our services, described below, include:
- Workshops and in-person facilitation
- Strategic planning
- Diversity posters
- Relocation training for international assignees
Workshops and in-person facilitation
We have a network of global facilitators available to provide training in multiple languages.
Frequently requested training topics include:
Although our sessions are customized per client needs, sample modules include:
Diversity & Inclusion
- Diversity 101: Foundations of diversity and inclusion
- Diversity 102: Exploring the dimensions and intersections of diversity
- Diversity 103: Why is diversity critical for business success?
- Diversity 104: Insiders and outsiders- why we must move from diversity to inclusion
Gender Dimensions of Diversity
- Gender dynamics: challenges and opportunities for women and men in the workplace
- Confronting the glass ceiling: Strategies for building our women talent pipeline
- Leaning in: Leadership competencies for women professionals
- Gender blind spots: addressing gender bias in talent management
- From myth to reality: generational differences in the workplace
- From talk to text: communicating and working effectively across generational differences
- Recognition and reward: managing multigenerational teams
Additional Dimensions of Diversity
- Conversations on ability 1: Physical accommodation in the workplace
- Conversations on ability 2: Addressing mental health
- Race and ethnicity: conversations about identity in the workplace
- In the closet: LGBTQ issues in the workplace
- Understanding cultural differences: our changing world and workplace
- Trust: Building relationships and bridging cultural differences
- Cross-cultural communication 1: Working across differences in multi-cultural teams
- Cross-cultural communication 2: Working effectively in virtual teams
Perception or Reality?: Understanding Unconscious Bias
- Perception or reality?: what is unconscious bias?
- Confronting our assumptions: stereotypes and judgements
- Barriers to inclusion: The impact of unconscious bias in the workplace
- What can I do about it? 1: Addressing unconscious bias in our personal lives
- What can I do about it? 2: Addressing unconscious bias in the workplace
E-learning programs can be an effective and efficient way of providing diversity and inclusion education across large and diverse organizations. E-learning can encompass a range technological-based media which may include: text (articles, white papers), audio (podcasts), images, animation and videos.
In addition to consulting on e-learning capacity building and providing resources, Global LK delivers webinars which can be streamed live or hosted on a shared e-learning sites. Webinars may be accompanied by materials and activities to make them engaging and interesting for the participants.
We work closely with our clients to develop the scope and content of each e-learning project.
We facilitate strategic planning sessions with leadership teams, HR business partners and Diversity & Inclusion committees/councils to develop strategic plans for defining D&I challenges, opportunities and goals. We work with our clients to develop roadmaps for cultural change and align D&I strategy with business strategy.
Each of our facilitated sessions includes some learning and is customized based on the desired outcome of the client.
The Did You Know? (DYK) program is used to reach and educate employees about a different Diversity & Inclusion-related theme each month. The communications comprise one page of content and use short clear messages including stories, examples, pictures and case studies to garner interest and create reflection moments.
See a sample DYK.
Each DYK is accompanied by a Debrief Guide, which leaders can use to facilitate discussion around the Did You Know? in order to make a connection between their own D&I experiences and the business. We customize each DYK after extensive client consultation, aligning them with strategic business communications.
The DYK be distributed at the beginning of each month and, if possible, be related to key ideas represented during that month. A calendar of holidays/events on each document (optional) encourages team members to recognize and value diversity while the content itself can be linked to relevant topics and celebrations taking place that month.
Relocation training for international assignees
Global LK provides cultural competency training and consulting services for teams and individuals undertaking international assignments. We recommend:
- Design the pre-selection critera of individuals going on international assignment
- Customize the training for individual going on assignment
- Delivery of services
- Pre-departure/on-arrival services
- On-arrival and ongoing consultation
- Cultural competency training
Every program is customized according to national and global business requirements and the needs of the individuals being placed on assignment.
Return to Our Services.